Three Meat Bolognese Sauce
While I realize that this won’t be your traditional Bolognese sauce I wanted to share my recipe for my three meat tomato sauce after a bunch of friends commented on it. All of the measurements and timings are approximations and you should experiment with it accordingly.
Recipe (Serves approximately 8):
- 500g of lean ground beef
- 250g of ground pork
- 250g of venison
- 1 can of Tomato sauce (680ml, 22 fl. oz.)
- 2 cans of Tomato paste (156ml, 5.5 fl. oz.)
- water (approximately 340ml)
- 1 large green pepper (diced)
- 1 medium white onion (diced)
- pinch of rosemary
- 2 tbsp italian mix
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic
- lots of salt and pepper
- Brown the meat.
- Dice vegetables as the meat is browning
- Put onions in with meat
- Add sauce, paste, water, garlic and spices into the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes
- Add green peppers into the pot.
- Simmer for 45 minutes (or more), stirring occasionally
I’ve found this recipe really improves canned tomato sauce and while it isn’t as good as creating a sauce from scratch it still tastes great. Simmering it for a long period of time allows for all the spices to meld with the sauce and meat. This sauce goes well over your favourite pasta or on a nice toasted baguette.