- I promise to teach you that it’s ok to fail and to love you when you do.
- I promise to support you in everything you do. To support your hobbies, your career aspirations and your life choices.
- I promise to teach you to respect and love all people regardless of race, gender, religion or sexual preference.
- I promise to be fair to you, praising you when you succeed and discipling you when you’re bad.
- I promise to protect you from the monster in your closet.
- I promise to laugh with you, dance with you, play with you, sing with you, read to you, listen to you and cry with you.
- I promise to put you before work.
- I promise to love you even when you’re screaming at 3 in the morning.
- Most importantly, I promise to always love you, with all my heart.
Son, I promise all of these things and more for as long as I live. I love you.